Essential ADA Compliance 101, Principles of ADA
Introduction to the ADA: Title III Principles of Accessibility
- Principles of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Limitations on your liability
- Classifications of types of barriers
- Examples of how the ADA can apply to buildings and businesses
- Know how to discover what your site liability is
- Follow the correct process to address the issues you need to fix (so you only need to fix things once)
- Follow the correct process to protect yourself for issues you don't need to fix
Bio: Alexander Lee has worked as a consultant for programming, real estate development and accessibility for the past ten years. Alex started doing inspections in 2007 working at a ADA consultation firm whose clients spanned the entire United States. Since starting his own business, Alex has given extensive seminars and talks about accessibility in the last five years in Los Angeles for a variety of chambers of commerce’s, cities, bar associations (MCLE presentations) and business development groups. The majority of these presentations focus on the financial, code and legal considerations for how business owners should consider providing access. The conflation of these contingencies and their interlocking requirements has been the main focus of his consultation business, Accessolutions LLC., a California Corporation whose boutique service provides ADA assessments for businesses. He also held a seat in the Culver City Disability Advisory Committee for the City of Culver City.
Alexander has worked extensively together with his partner, a CASp (Certified Access Specialist) architect, Yung Kao, over the last several years to develop the current system. Since then, Alexander has worked on a variety of different versions in his spare time all the while working as a real estate broker and sometime consultant for web development. At the beginning of 2015 he decided to focus full time on ADA Veracity (https://ada-veracity.com/), which is a mobile inspection App for ADA Consultants.